The Adjutant's Blog

A journal of information, events and daily ramblings of Longstreet's Corps beloved AAG, Tony Zusman

Monday, February 20, 2006

Random Notes

Prayers needed

Many of you know Buddy Bare of the 8th Virginia Ifantry, Co. I&F. Buddy has long been a fixture in Longstreet's corps being on of the long standing members of one of the Corps' charter units.

I have been told by Captain Barry Woods that Buddy has taken ill with heart troubles and is currently in the hospital. Things have been touch and go but I am happy to report that recent days have seen him take a good turn and doctors are positive.

Please keep Buddy in your thoughts and prayers in the coming week.

***************************
2006 Infantry Guide Coming Soon

I had the privlidge of previewing the new Infantry Guide being compiled by Col. Grosson. I must say it is quite a nice compilation of information and will be of great service to the officers and troops.

I will not let the surprises out but watch you e-mail for this volumn.

***************************

The Excitement never ends at Casa de Zusman. As a review, you all know I recently decided I was not given enough agony in my life so I bought an old house in the Shenandoah Valley. The recent hike in LP gas has me keeping the thermostat at an unreasonale 52 degrees or so. I just look at it as training for the March Endview event. You will recognize me there, I will be the guy running around in shorts complaining that 60 degrees is too hot.

I left the house to fend for itself last weekend and came home to my latest home project. Apparently the house felt it needed a waterfall rnning from the kitchen to the basement...yes friends, a frozen pipe broke under the sink. Thankfully it seemed to have just broken before I arrived and clean up was minimal and there was only a small puddle starting in the basement.

A quick fix the next day replacing about a foot of pipe and I was on my way. Thank God I paid attention in home improvement class (lol).

Needless to say, lesson learned, I know keep the thermostat at 55 degrees.

Unitl next time...adios.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home