The Adjutant's Blog

A journal of information, events and daily ramblings of Longstreet's Corps beloved AAG, Tony Zusman

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Happy Birthday to the Confederacy....The official kick off of the 145th Anniversary Events!

145 years ago today the Confederacy officially set up for business in Montgomery, Alabama. The provisional government appointed Jefferson Davis as President and he took office on February 18.

I give a tip of the hat to those folks today, without them I would have had to take up golf or woodworking as my full time hobby. Face it, there is not as much politics in golf
and woodworking, though I could easily have spent as much money on each as I have in reenacting. I have never heard of a woodworker making charges against another and demanding he be hung. Yes, I have heard that in reenacting.

So thank you gentlemen for your forethought and giving us this obsession we follow year after year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home