The Adjutant's Blog

A journal of information, events and daily ramblings of Longstreet's Corps beloved AAG, Tony Zusman

Saturday, September 03, 2005

This and that

Tonight we take care of some bits and pieces of business

Cedar Creek registration

I noticed that my "speed registration" package arrived yesterday from Cedar Creek. Keep you eyes on the mail if you registered early.

Beauvoir:

We had very good news in the wake of all the tragedy of hurricane Katrina. It appears the Beauvoir is OK. The director of the site was able to survey the scene yesterday and found the house intact more or less, damaged but intact. The collections had been moved to the attic and appear to be safe. They believe they will be able to rebuild.

It does make me think though about the CS museum in New Orleans along with the new D-Day museum. I am sure a lot of history has been washed out in the floods.

Camp O' Destruction

Oops, I mean camp of Instruction. It is not that far off! If you didn't get your registration in on time you can still come out and pay the walk on fee.

Exciting News!

I saved a bunch of money on gasoline today! Yep while most gas stations were selling gas at $3.00 +, I found gas for $2.87 at Costco. Now, I never in my life thought I would get excited about gas over $2.00 a gallon and be glad to get it. I will write more on this later as I contemplate what gas prices and availability will do to our hobby.

Happy Labor Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home