The Adjutant's Blog

A journal of information, events and daily ramblings of Longstreet's Corps beloved AAG, Tony Zusman

Friday, August 12, 2005

Spending the Day in Camp

To say the least professional football camp is nothing like Civil War camp. God knows if the infantry was drilled this much for two hours at a time we would join the Union. It certainly was hot enough though and I did answer the age old question...are the spectators as hot as us when in shorts and T shirts...pretty damn close!

Watching a pro football training camp is a lot slower than a real game. It is a lot like movie making. Any of you who were in God's & General's would feel at home with all the standing around, a short burst of action then "back to one".

It is amazing to see these guys you have seen on TV so much in person. However, they seemed so much smaller in real life.


In camp, there is a lot of this going on

But Tony, what happened to your search for an interview with Peyton Manning on his Civil War ancestors? Well, Manning is an elusive person at practice. Anyone who has watched him play knows he is an intense student of the game and his practice sessions are all out, just like the games. He puts players through their paces harder than some of the coaches. But I finally got my moment today. I didn't get much of an interview but he did allow me to get a picture with him.

Pro players are a lot smaller in person


Right now you are probably wondering how much of an idiot I really am. I must apologize for tonight's report as I found out, just as I was really getting some good pics, that you are not allowed to take pictures with a digital camera or video at the Colt's camp. Film is OK but no digital pics. So I had to stop but the pressure of the story deadline compelled me to bring you this.

So as I wait for my film pictures to develop, I can only report on the spectators. I shall leave you this evening with a look at the average Colt's female fan. Perhaps there was more to see than a bunch of sweaty football players.

Me and Peyton Manning (Football). I am sure
you can see the resemblance to Peyton Manning
(Civil War) almost immediately.


This gal was actually standing between her boyfriend and the practice, yakking about a new outfit she had to buy for a party on Saturday. He wasn't listening but half the stadium was watching.

Tune back in tomorrow as we bring you....

What a kicker does during practice.





Just an average fan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home