The Adjutant's Blog

A journal of information, events and daily ramblings of Longstreet's Corps beloved AAG, Tony Zusman

Friday, August 05, 2005


I read today that Dr. Phil just signed a multi year/multi million dollar contract that will keep him dispensing advice through 2014.

I admire Dr. Phil, first off he is rich and second most of his advice is just common sense no one seems to think of.

As adjutant I have become the unofficial Dr. Phil to a lot of peoples problems. Most involve the hobby to some respect but occassionally I get a personal problem or two. I have even dispensed advice recently on problems where reenacting and personal life crossed boundries.

Someting I have noticed over the years are that most "Problems in the Corps" occure when we have a lull in the reenacting season. Most happen over the winter but here in the middle of summer I seem to be dealing with a lot of personal strife within the Corps. Nothing serious for the whole of the Corps but to each individual it is very important. For that reason I do listen and dispense what help I can. Sometimes all a person needs is for someone to listen.

So my free Dr. Tony advice for today is before you get all bent out of shape thinking someone is doing you wrong, take a serious look at the situation. Instead of starting a rumor that you are being done wrong try talking to the people involved. You might be surprised it all wasn't as bad as you thought.

That will be $1 million, thank you.

Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home