The Adjutant's Blog

A journal of information, events and daily ramblings of Longstreet's Corps beloved AAG, Tony Zusman

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

And so my saga ends

Well folks it had to end sooner or later. Yes my week long odyssey ended with a trip to that most sacred of hollowed ground, the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Apparently they have had some problems there
(visits by Ray Lewis and Sean Taylor perhaps?)

I got there a week after the Hall of Fame enshrinement for this year. The big names for the year were Dan Marino and Steve Young and banners, shirts and pennants were everywhere honoring them.




After you have gone to so many Civil War era museums it is kinda strange seeing "modern" stuff enshrined in a hollowed hall. Growing up with football in the late 60'sand 70's it was odd seeing history I remember and names like Staubach, Bradshaw, Lamonica, Olsen and Lombardi.


Perhaps I was supposed to be there the week before?

One bit of Civil War history involved former Giant and Redskin, and current voice of the Redskins Sam Huff (the most feared man in football). I found that this enshrinee was named Robert Lee Huff by his parents after General Lee himself. You just can't get away from that Civil War trivia.

This is Sam Huff


If you are a fan and ever get that far into Yankeeland this is definitely worth taking time to see.

You all have been most patient as I chronicle my quest to meet Peyton Manning (Football) to see if he is related to Peyton Manning (Civil War). I did not get the opportunity to ask Peyton any questions but I did read in my time off a description of Manning (Civil War) as being a wiry, scrawny little fellow who "could not have weighed more than a hundred pounds" and had a high-pitched voice but he was an excellent officer and served Longstreet well. Put that against today's Manning (6' 5" 230#) an we assume either their is not a link or breeding has improved the Manning clan greatly.

Keith Jackson, who will be the official voice of my upcoming biography.

Most of what I was doing here was tutorial work for learning how to do this. I promise next week I will get on with the business of the Corps.

**Footnote -- Watching the NFL Network today they had a show on Colts Training camp. There, on the sidelines, you see me in my big CW Panama hat, drinking Gatorade just like the pros.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home